I know it is ridiculous but I couldn’t help myself when I bought these chevron accent plates. The amount of dishes I have for a 27 year old girl is officially out of control, but oh well. I just can’t wait to get them in the mail!
Lets see a round-up for when I get them!
chevron plates/silver and gold dinner plate/gold charger plate/silver and gold tumbler/gold dipped flatware/silver band champagne flute/pointesetta napkin ring/antler candle holders/star tea candle holders
I had a busy weekend. Went up north to visit my sister. We did a bit of shopping and I have to say I am pumped for Christmas! A lot of stores had all their decorations up. Do you think it is too early?
Loving splashes of pink here with the zebra chairs!
Happy Friday – little slice of chandlier heaven to start your weekend off right!
So last time I posted on my upholstery project I had just finished the coils. You can see it here. Here is the progress I made on Sunday.
First I covered the coils with a burlap fabric. After I first stapled down in the center of the wood I then folded the excess fabric back so it wasn’t flapping over the edge.
Next I stappled 2 inch cotton edging to the sides. Lesson for next time: I bought this at JoAnne Fabrics – they didn’t have proper edging like an upholstering shop would. An upholstery shop would have had a fabric edge hanging off the roll making the stapling easier. You can find some here at DIY Upholserty.com.
Next sizing up the cushion. Lay it down…
Draw a line from underneath to create a line of where to cut the cushion.
Next I used spray glue to glue pieces of burlap to the cushion. It was pretty tricky to get it to glue down. I sprayed A LOT to make sure it had enough to stay. They I placed some books on top to hold it down. The can says it takes about 3 hours to dry….so now we wait…
Stay tuned. PS click here for the detailed instructions I followed as I was working on this, since it was my first biggest project.